Samantha is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Sports Dietitian with the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) and Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA). Since graduating from the University of Sydney in 2010, Samantha has worked with a range of clients, to assist them with meeting their varied nutritional goals.
Samantha started her career as a corporate dietitian, more specifically, supporting patients with their nutritional needs post-hospital admission. She has always had a special interest in sports nutrition though, particularly with team sports and aquatic sports. She completed the SDA Sports Nutrition Course at the Australian Institute of Sport in 2014 and is a qualified ISAK level 1 anthropometrist. Samantha enjoys working with a range of clients including the general public, junior, recreational and elite athletes.
For the past 3 years, Samantha has been working with athletes of varying ages and levels in private practice, and in the elite sport setting. Currently, alongside her work as a Sports Dietitian at SSMC, she works at the Rowing Australia Hancock Prospecting Women’s National Training Centre, is the Sports Dietitian to the Wests Tigers, and consults to the Western Sydney Wanderers.
On a personal level, Samantha has a background in sport herself, competing at a national level in Swimming, as well as a national and international level in Sport Aerobics. These days, Samantha enjoys maintaining her fitness through swimming, walking and going to the gym. Samantha is committed to helping her clients achieve their goals through tailored and personalised nutrition practices.
Qualifications & Memberships:
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) (First Class Honours) (University of Sydney)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Sport and Exercise Science) (University of Sydney)
- Sports Dietitians Australia Sports Nutrition Course (Australian Institute of Sport)
- Member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist)
- Member of Sports Dietitians Australia (Accredited Sports Dietitian)
- Accredited Level 1 Anthropometrist